Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm officially foxy - in my own mind, at least :D

Here are a couple of zipper pouches I just finished - I cut up the last of DS2's worn out work jeans into zipper pouch sized pieces, and decided to work on my applique skills.  It seems I'd been using the wrong product for my appliqueing activities for the last while - I was using the non-sewable stuff.  No wonder my poor sewing machine needle was getting gluey, LOL!  Thanks Nanc for the lesson on fusible versus sewable, and I'll see you Friday morning for our adventure ;)

Mr. Fox isn't acidentally crooked - he's leaning on a rakish angle - deliberately, lol.  I used the pattern from this project for the applique :)  Bag measures about 8.5" x 7.5" :)
This is Mr. B - the brontosaurus :)  The bag measures about 8.5" x 6.5", and the free applique pattern is available here from Heather Inks :)

Both of these bags will be going to Blue Hills :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Love that little drunk fox and the dino is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great upcycling Sandra, I love the fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Did you cut out that dino?? I'm impressed. I'm hoping the Silhouette will be doing that for me but haven't tried fabric cutting yet. Quit making work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys watch out!!! Mums coming your way with the scissors. LOLLL Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah-dorable...as we have all come to expect from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come fox appliques are just SO cute, when the real thing is anything but?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great upcycling! I love the fox and the brontosaurus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute pouches. I love the little fox.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails